Learn more about the fascinating world of flight and engineering with a visit to Shannon Aviation Museum. See aircraft cockpits, jet engines, and even an aircraft carrier jet, plus a unique collection of model aircraft, artifacts, and memorabilia.
Public Museum Opening Times:
Saturdays all year round from 11.00 am – 4.00 pm
June – July – August
Mon-Sat 11.00 am – 3.00 pm Booking Advisable
Saturdays 11.00 am – 4.00 pm Booking Advisable
Winter Sept – May
Closed to Public Mon – Friday, School Tours Only, Available by Booking
Open for Halloween Mid Term, Christmas, Easter school holidays.
Open every Saturday from 11.00 am – 4.00 pm
Call us on 061 363687 with any questions.
Museum Admission Rates 2018
Over 12’s €6.00
Under 12’s €4.00
Under 12 months free
Flight Simulation is not included in Museum Admission. Check out our Aviation Experience Tour for info
Due to costs involved Shannon Aviation Museum is unable to take credit/ debit card payments for Museum admissions. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
The Museum operates with the help of our fantastic volunteers and therefore we can only guarantee guided museum tours at specified booking times as part of Aviation Experience Tours which we recommend for anyone over 7 years.
- Blackburn Buccaneer XX 897
- DE Havilland Venom G DHUU (DH112 FB MK1, 749, WR410 RAF markings)
- Cessna Skymaster 337 G-BVVT
- Piper Cherokee EI-COZ
- Socata Rallye EI-CIA
- Monerai Glider (Unregistered)
- Bergfaulk Glider D-3229
- Bede BD5 (Unregistered)
- Sepecat Jaguar GR1 XX826
- English Electric Lightning XM 144
- Supermarine Spitfire Replica by Richard Jones (Cockpit and fuselage section)
- BAC 1-11 Super One Eleven (Cockpit and forward fuselage) G-AVMZ
- Avro Anson VS562
- BAe 146 cockpit G-CDPF / N216 AW
- Rolls Royce Conway
- Rolls Royce Avon
- CFM56 Thrust Reverser Unit
- 707 Main Landing Gear