In June 2015, Michael joined CAE Parc Aviation as a Technical Records Quality Control Consultant to investigate variations within the asset transition record review process.
Commenced aviation career with the Irish Air Corps in 1982, and moved into commercial aviation in 1988 with SRS Aviation. Originally a certifying engineer with SRS Aviation, moved to Shannon Aerospace as a Quality Assurance Engineer in 1988 for a number of years.
Prior to joining CAE Parc Aviation worked as an operational manager for 12 years in Air Atlanta Aero Engineering/Transaero Engineering Ireland initially as Materials & Logistics Manager then re-joined the maintenance departments as Production Manager followed by two years as a Line Maintenance Manager with Transaero Airlines.
EASA Part 66 AME Licence # IE.66.252753 (B1/C)
– MDC DC-8 series (PW JT3D)
– B737-2/3/4/500 series (JT8D-CFM56)
– B737-6/7/8/900 series (CFM56)
– B727 series (JT8D-RR Tay)
– MSc (Hons) Strategic Quality Management (LEAN/Six Sigma) – University of Limerick
– Professional Diploma in Management- Open University Business School
– Certificate in Business in Technical Aircraft Management – IT Carlow