Certificate in Aviation Level 6 Special Purpose Award
Certificate in Aviation Course introduces learners to core aspects aviation from an aerodynamic, engineering, and operations perspective.
Students will gain an appreciation of each topic over 10 evenings. As part of the course students will have the opportunity to visit a live aircraft maintenance facility.
The course is delivered by industry professionals and instructors, who aim to prepare and motivate the participant for further study with a good foundation of knowledge to build on. The course is beneficial in assisting individuals to identify areas of interest. Topics include basic Aerodynamics, Theory of Flight and Aircraft Control, Aircraft Structures, Composites and Instrumentation. The course looks at Air Traffic Control, Weather and the Human Factor involved in aviation. The course is suitable for those already working within the industry in non technical roles, such as aircraft finance, marketing and records responsibility.
The student will be required to produce a written assignment per topic, following a period of self study, using the study material provided.
Certificate in Aviation course i Level 6 SPA, Special Purpose Award, 10 ECT in partnership with Limerick Institute of Technology . The course is validated by the Department of Mechanical and Automobile Engineering. Candidates must have completed Leaving Certificate or equivalent.
This course is an essential for those interested in training and career opportunities available in the Shannon region.
- EASA Part 66 Cat A Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Technician
- EASA Part 66 Cat B Licensed Aircraft Engineer
- Aeronautical Engineering Degree
- Aircraft Maintenance and Airworthiness Engineering
- Commercial Airline Pilot Studies
- Air Traffic Control Training
- Employment or professional development within the Aircraft Leasing and Finance sector
- Employment or professional development in Aviation support roles.
- Interested in Aviation as a subject and wishing to further your knowledge
Contact Us with any questions you may have.
- Register with LIT Department of Flexible Learning
- Tel: 061 293802
- Application on Line Here
- Course begins 23rd Feb 2016
- Fees €495